Chemical Peel Treatments
Chemical peel treatments can improve the appearance of the skin and can be used in the treatment of a variety of conditions.
Chemical peels involve the use of a chemical solution applied to the skin, which makes the skin “blister” and peel off. The result is that the revealed skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the peeled off skin.
Commonly used on the face, neck, or hands, chemical peels can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and also around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Assist the treatment of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
- Improve areas of skin damaged by the sun.