Warts Laser Treatment
Warts are one of the most common skin infections that individuals experience during a lifetime and is caused by a virus and can occur on any part of the body.
Warts are skin growths that appear when a virus infects the top layer of the skin. The family of viruses that cause warts are called human papillomavirus (HPV). Warts are more common in children but you are more likely to get one of these viruses if your skin is damaged in some way. Most warts are harmless and can disappear on their own without a wart removal treatment.
Sometimes, however, the warts can be very painful. Warts are commonly found on fingers, finger nails, the face, feet and hands, elbows and knees. Many individuals find that the wart infection clears up on its own or use over the counter treatment. However you should see a dermatologist when:
- You are unsure that the growth is a wart.
- You have a wart on the genitals or face
- You have a cluster of warts.
- You have warts that hurt, itch, burn, or bleed.
- You have a weakened immune system.
- You suffer with diabetes. Never try to remove any wart on your foot if you have diabetes. If you cut or burn your skin you are more prone to infection or delay healing as a result of your diabetes.
Laser Treatment of warts
Laser surgery uses an intense beam of light, or laser, to burn and destroy the wart tissue. Local anaesthetic is often used, depending on the number of warts to be removed or the size of the area to be treated. Wart removal is a safe and effective procedure that can be used on even the most sensitive body parts. Laser wart removal can also be used to prevent warts from reoccurring.
Laser wart removal treatment does not cause the discomfort often associated with other types of wart removal and is safe for adults and children of all ages.
The number of laser wart removal treatments required to permanently remove warts depends on the size, location and number of warts. Simple warts may only need a single treatment whereas deeper, stubborn warts may require several laser wart removal treatments.
Benefits of Laser Treatment for Warts
- Normally causes minimal to no scarring.
- Requires only local anaesthetic.
- Quick and easy to undertake
- Excellent treatment for warts
For more information about Warts removal you can visit our New Specialist Skin Clinic website.
The Specialist Skin Clinic based in Whitchurch Cardiff provides laser treatments for warts and other skin conditions. If you would like more information call 02920 617690.